WordPress Plugins I use
You’ll notice that this blog is quite a bit different than the default setup of a regular WordPress blog. I’ve changed a few things to the design and code to make it do exactly what I’m looking for. Besides my custom design, I have a few WordPress Plugins that make this site work.
Plugins in bold are my own creations.
- Absolute RSS – makes images and links appear correctly inside RSS feeds.
- All-in-one SEO pack – makes the site friendlier to search engines (replaced Optimal Title and Improved Meta Description Snippets).
- Change Config Files – My own unreleased plugin to modify WordPress configuration files.
- Code Markup – Wherever you see code displayed in a post, it’s because Code Markup makes sure it looks correct.
- Comment Connection – A custom plugin to link comments that reference one another.
- Feedburner Feedsmith – redirects the blog RSS feed to FeedBurner.
- Find and Replacer – Replaces text and tags throughout your blog database with SQL queries.
- Mass Page Maker – My plugin to make it easy to add multiple pages to your blog.
- Most Popular Posts – The sidebar widget that creates a link to the most popular posts on your blog.
- No Self Pings – Stops pings when you link old posts from new ones.
- WP-Cache – Excellent cache plugin to lessen the server load.
- Simple Tags – converts tags at the bottom of a post to Technorati tags.
- Role Manager – Customize user permissions.
- Random redirect – redirects ?random to a random post, which I have modified into a link in the sidebar.
- WordPress Automatic Upgrade – Easily upgrade your entire WP installation with a few clicks.
- WP-Spamfree – A replacement for Akismet, it catches 99.9% of all spam comments.
[tags]blog, WordPress, plugin, Google, cache, SEO[/tags]